Where Everything Comes Together.

:D

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

And a month goes by...

Sorry for all the people who have subscribed to this blog. I'll be honest with you, since there's really no need to lie, here:
I am not thrilled with the idea of religiously updating this thing. Not right now. I guess you could say that I've been discouraged lately with my Etsy shop.

I am always grateful for my sales. Always have been, always will be. I adore wrapping everything up especially for you, and I love the opportunity to share what I make with the world. I've been spending my time bouncing around the promotional forums, which has indeed paid off. I've met some lovely people who someday will get my own money, since they do make gorgeous things,
ArtofAmy being one of them.
Seriously, I know so many people who promote on Etsy and off, who make wonderful things, and STILL don't get the attention they deserve.

A few things that have been bugging me: lately the BNR things have been going crazy in Treasuries. I'm not against these people or their Etsy success methods... What bothers me is how it seems like more and more, you have to spend money in order to make it in the Promo forums. It's the mentality of "you give me your money, and I'll give you a chance."
I have done this before. You buy something to get on a special forum list, you buy something to get in a special spot. But really, I ended up spending more than I made, buying things that I didn't really need or really want, but dangit, I wanted the promised Etsy success and to have my sale plopped on top of the high number being paraded in the thread/BNR title.

Also it usually turns out to be sellers buying from sellers, and if you're not popular with the group promoting, you get little response.

But, this is just my experience and I hope someone else has had a much better one. I know I can't do these things anymore, what with being a poor college student and all.

The other thing that bothers me is how you get those threads that are like, "Fan me and I'll fan you!" or "Subscribe to my blog and I'll subscribe back!"
How many of these people who follow are actually interested in what you're doing? It seems to me more like people trying to gather numbers so they can look popular rather than trying to get a legitimate following of readers.

Honestly, I stopped following people back on Twitter because I couldn't kid myself that I could be legitimately interested in 100 people's lives and businesses. Maybe it's Twitter etiquette to immediately follow someone back, but all I use it for is promoting myself or other Etsy sellers, then pop off to go do something else. I rarely read people's tweets, and if I do follow back, it's because I am actually interested in hearing from someone.

I am discontent and letting off steam on my blog because that's what angsty young people do. :D

I'm just a college kid, trying to make my life into something that it is not by following my dreams and concocting new ones. I am a creator, a writer, an artist. And right now, I need to create some sales or be poor until I get my tutoring job back.

1 comment: